Insurance Agency Office Manager
C. Don Filer Agency, Inc., an established and respected independent insurance agency, is looking for an experienced Insurance Agency Office Manager at our head office located in north Seattle, Washington.
Location: Seattle, WA
Experience: At least 7 years agency operations management in an agency environment
The Office Manager works with agency principals for all operations of the agency, including service operations, sales and marketing operations, human resource management, financial operations, and technology support. Helps ensure profitable growth and account retention, sustain and build long-term client and company relationships. Promotes a quality work force and provides for effective utilization of resources.
The Office Manager is a key member of the agency management team and works closely with the President/Personal Lines Manager, the Commercial Lines Manager, and the Marketing Manager. The Seattle office staffing complement consists of six account managers/producers, one accountant, and a receptionist/operations support position. There are two other locations with eight employees.
- Ensures high levels of customer satisfaction and service through high operating standards and ongoing improvement in service delivery methods.
- Monitors the level of service requests and backlogs to ensure all clients receive timely and responsive service. Help distribute workloads among employees.
- Promotes agency efficiency through continuous process improvement efforts, and effective utilization of automation
- Administers compensation and employee benefits programs
- Provides oversight, support, scheduling and training of agency staff
- Recruits, hires, interviews, trains agency staff to ensure professionalism and a high level of technical and personal skills
- Evaluates employee performance on a regular and ongoing basis, counsels employees for improved performance, handles discipline and employee terminations.
- Maintains the employee handbook, and establishes other policies and practices, consistent with federal, state, and local regulation, and company culture
- Applies policies consistently to all staff members
- Promotes open communication and high morale
- Oversees education, development and training programs to increase staff capability and agency expertise
- With marketing support, provides resources to sales staff to increase skills in sales
- Helps provide technical answers or resources on insurance, operations, or automation questions
- Helps ensure that agency business plans are sufficient to provide for profitable growth
- Monitors and manages the profit and loss statement, the balance sheet, contingency income, payables and receivables
- Manages operating and trust bank accounts, leases and contracts
- Risk management including agency insurance policies, loss control and prevention, credit and collection policies
- Prepares financial reports and summaries for agency principals
- Helps establish budgets, performance metrics, and appropriate financial and growth plans
- Support full utilization of technology resources to improve customer service and to ensure efficient agency operations.
- With computer support services, helps implement changes in automation, upgrades, enhancements and training
- Maintains contact with vendors providing technology support, telephone connections, equipment, and software.
- Works with the computer services and support personnel, network monitoring services, and other technology resources to ensure a stable and secure environment.
The successful candidate will have the education and background experience commensurate with the position responsibilities. Position requirements include:
- Insurance licensing in property and casualty insurance, and life and health insurance
- Advanced insurance credentials such Certified Insurance Counselor preferred
- Strong knowledge of agency processing systems, specifically the Vertafore AMS360 system
- Strong knowledge of common desktop software programs
- Experience with company-based systems, and various reporting and employer portals
- Ability to develop and update written agency operations policies and procedures, and to revise the employee handbook
- Organization, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Ability to supervise employees and work in a team environment
- Effective and persuasive communication skills
- Written skills to compose professional business correspondence
Filer Insurance represents many quality companies, including PEMCO, Safeco, Progressive, MetLife, Liberty Mutual, Travelers, and Hartford; and all the primary WA group health insurance carriers. C. Don Filer Agency, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401-K plan, vacation and sick leave. Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resumes to hrdept [at] filerinsurance [dot] com. Visit our website www.filerinsurance.com to learn more about us and our business. Thank you for considering this opportunity with the Filer Agency.
Personal Lines Account Manager - Position Filled
C. Don Filer Agency, Inc., one of Washington’s leading local independent agencies, is looking for an experienced, licensed Personal Lines Account Manager for its office located at 4201 Roosevelt Way NE, Seattle WA 98105.
Position: Personal Insurance Account Manager
Experience: At least 5 years insurance service and sales in personal lines
- Counsel and advise policyholders and prospective clients on matters of insurance protection and coverage options. Provide prompt, efficient, friendly, high-quality service to customers. Market new and renewal business. Process new business, renewals, quotes, cancellations, changes in coverage, conduct policy reviews, and other transactions.
- Our independent agency has access to many quality insurance companies offering competitive auto, home, boat, umbrella and other insurance products. Primary carriers include PEMCO, Safeco, Progressive, MetLife, Liberty Mutual, Hartford and Travelers.
- Current valid Washington state license in property and casualty insurance
- Experience in insurance service and sales primarily for personal lines with some commercial lines exposure
- Minimum high school education, business courses or equivalent experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to connect with people and have outstanding relationship skills
- Organization, prioritization and multitasking skills
- Effective and persuasive communication skills to explain the facts and logic used to arrive at decisions in a way that the customer understands
- Written skills to compose clear, succinct descriptions when posting activities and drafting correspondence
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- PC skills, experience with agency management systems and company-based programs
- Knowledge of the AMS360 agency processing system preferred
C. Don Filer Agency, Inc. offers competitive wages and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401-K plan, vacation and sick leave. Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resumes to hrdept [at] filerinsurance [dot] com. Visit our website www.filerinsurance.com.